Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In a nutshell




I so love when I can see the things that we are teaching the kids, come back out. This week, we have really been dealing with lying. Today, Sweet Potato wrote this story:

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Aby. Her mother asked Aby to go get some firewood for the furnace. So Aby went to get the firewood for the furnace. She took it to her mother then she said, "Mother, I forgot to do something." Her Mother was surprised. She never knew that her daughter had something to do outside, because they normally stayed inside. So her daughter went outside. While her Mother did dishes, she went on the path to the woods. She saw flowers and wild strawberries and blackberries. When Aby looked back, she could not see her house (which she normally could see)! So she tried but the more she walked the more she got lost. So she just stood right where she was and prayed to God. Thankfully her Father was in the woods. He came right where she was and said, "What's the matter darling?" She said, "I lied to Mother. I told her that I had something to do out here." "Oh" her Father said. "So you lied to Mother so you could come here?" "Yep" his daughter said. "Well, let's go home and let Mother know." They got home and Aby told the whole story to her. Mother felt happy and sad at the same time. "Thank you Aby, for telling me. I was worried that I wouldn't see you for two whole days." The End

1 comment:

MAMA CEO said...

Very cute! It is a blessing to a mama's heart when it comes back around isn't it?