Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A friend of mine is having a baby early in the am, so her two eldest are sleeping over tonight. I just heard the six-year-old boys upstairs talking...

E: I want to be a missionary when I grow up.

M: What's that?

E: It's kind of like a pastor, but you get to fly in an airplane.

M: Oh, cool!

E: You have to do two years military service.

M: What's that?

E: You have to fight. With a sword. {ching, ching}

M: COOL! I wanna do that too!

BOYS! Anything to do with a sword, airplanes and fighting MUST be cool, eh?

Meanwhile, down in the kitchen, my mom and I are canning up a storm: 10 pints honey-peach jam & 9 quarts of peach halves...mmmm - best of all, I picked the peaches from our tree!! On tap for tomorrow, picking elderberries and making elderberry jam - mmmm! Pictures to follow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha! Love that! A missionary = a pastor that gets to fly on an airplane. Too funny!
Auntie M