...and I am an addict - a Facebook addict that is!
You know you are a Facebook Addict when:
10) Your kid says something funny, and your first thought is how to word it for a status update.
9) You walk in the door from, well just about anywhere, and the first thing you do after you say hi, is go check FB
8) You spend hours scrolling through other people's pages to see if you missed anything.
7) You keep checking back to see if anyone has posted a new update, even at 2 am.
6) You justify all the time you spend on FB.
5) It rains, or you see a cloud shaped like a dragon, or the grass grows 1/16th of an inch, and you have to write a status update.
4) You would rather be on FB than playing with your kids. (ouch that one hurts)
3) You post a status update in the morning, and spend the rest of the day looking to see if anyone has commented.
2) Your house is a mess and your to-do list keeps growing, and growing, and growing...
1) You know you are a FB addict when you spend more time with your face to the computer screen than in living real life with real people.
So, yes, I am an addict, but a recovering one. I stopped FB'ing three weeks ago aside from a post to clear up the "Birthday Dilemma" and a post to let our CWAC ladies know about the next sewing bee.
At first it was hard, and it really bothers me that it was hard. I thought about FB all the time and wondered what I was missing. Guess what? Anything you miss, your friends will tell you when you call them or meet them at the park or for MNO!! A radical idea, I know, but true nonetheless!!
And this from a girl who was a teen and young adult before computers and cell phones even existed!! I should know better!!
So, here I go forward...talking to my hubby, blogging my little blog, playing with my kids and calling my friends on the phone. Ah, it's nice to breath the fresh air!
BTW, I need to borrow a bike for my niece to ride while she's here...anyone have one I can borrow? She's ten. :D