Monday, July 19, 2010

See how my garden grows!

The garden is taking off, finally. I realized after talking to my neighbor that I was not watering enough, so now that I am getting more water into the soil, it is really growing well.




Most of the 'plants' we planted died, but all of the seeds did great and we have planted more things this week...soy beans, lettuce, spinach, and carrots.




The first crop of beets look ready to pull, as well as the carrots, and...wait for it...I saw a bean this morning!! Yes, it is only 1/2" long, but it portends good things to come!!





This is one of our squash plants that is growing in a separate box...I love the texture of the leaves!



So far, I am happy with my Square Foot Garden..,I've pulled a total of ten weeds so far, much better than the battle my Dad just told me that he fight in his standard garden. Once you get the SFG set up, it is a matter of watering and planting new squares as you harvest the old...next garden project...start a worm box!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to be here when you do the worms! T would love that!
M